Tuesday, November 17, 2009

blah blah blah blah BLAH!

I am someone who has a tough time using FEW words. I can go on and on and on..... Just ask my teenage son who informed me while he was driving with his permit a couple months ago, "Mom, can we please not talk about this while I'm driving 'cuz you just keep going on and on about it." Now, if you know Tate, he said this with as much grace and patience as possible and was not disrespectful in the way he said it, but I could clearly understand his feelings since I, too, sometimes think, "Good grief, Candi, give it up already and shut up!!!"
The other day, my sister in law said something that felt very profound to me. She said, "God never lectures. He uses very few words to say stuff." True, true!
"Let there be light!"
"Be strong and courageous."
"Peace, be still."
"Follow me."
The times when God has spoken to my heart it usually IS just something right to the point, but VERY profound. One of my favorite quotes is, MORE ISN'T BETTER, SOMETIMES IT'S JUST MORE. Now, why can't I learn that about my words?!? I love this about God. He is a get-to-the-point kind of communicator. I love that he doesn't beat around the bush when he admonishes or encourages. He isn't the strong silent type that can't say, "I love you". He doesn't get on a tangent when we screw up for the 200th time that week. He doesn't expect us to read his mind. He just simple says it.
I hope the older I get, the less I talk and the better I listen. Blah, blah, blah, blah... how else can I ramble on about this? Okay, shutting up. (...sigh...)

No comments:

Post a Comment