Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Things I do to make my home cozy in the Winter

The winters can get awfully long, so I look online for new ideas to help me get motivated... something I struggle with especially in January. I stumbled into the Christian Homekeepers Blog this last fall and have enjoyed popping my head in every once in a while for new ideas. We then post them and share our ideas. Here's mine...


In my Winter Kitchen... I bake as many breads as we can eat! Since baking is not my focus in the Spring and Summer, my kitchen smells wonderful in the Winter.

My favorite Winter time meal is…. Clam chowder served with homemade Artisan bread. My kids love soups and they are so cheap to make.

I Do/Do Not (choose one) tend to be depressed in the Winter…. I often joke that my batteries are running low because I run on solar power. The lack of sun gets to me and I do get depressed sometimes. That's when I decided to leave my home for the afternoon, get coffee with a friend, go to a bright, beautiful store like World Market, or hit the flower shop for a fresh bouquet!

A favorite Winter time activity my family enjoys is.... playing board games while listening to music. Our favorite game right now is Ticket to Ride. We spend a lot of time around the table after dinner during Winter.

To help my home look and feel inviting in the Winter…. I have lots of blankets to cuddle under, and light candles that smell like cinnamon.

How I dress to stay warm … long sweaters and fluffy socks! Sometimes if I get chilled, I'll sit on the couch with my heating pad behind me. I dream of a fireplace... but that doesn't usually take off the chill :)

One really important health rule for the Winter time I’d like to share …. sit in a bath with good smelling oils. After I'm done cleaning up, I'll just dump some in the water and soak for a while. It helps my skin and makes me smell good at the same time!

No comments:

Post a Comment